2009年5月10日日曜日

Buddhist Activities

1.Buddhist cuisine
This is the dish which is not used meat and seafood.
It comes from Buddhist policy that warns against butchery.

2.Ikebana
Ikebana is a part of Japanese culuture which express sensitivity.
It comes from flowers offered before the tablet of the deceased.

3.The word of "Esyaku"
The Buddhist meaning is to clear up Buddhist scriptures.
The Japanese one is to make a bow.

4.The word of "Kakugo"
The Buddihist meaning is to disabuse and become enlightened.
The Japanese one is to give up and make a dicision.

5.Obon festival
This is a Buddhist festival to recognize ancestral spirits.
Also, this is an event to have feeling of thankfulness for repaying an obrigation.

4 件のコメント:

  1. Is Buddhist cuisine food which we eat at a funeral?

    返信削除
  2. Hi, candy.
    yes, it is. but I sometimes eat it nomal day.

    返信削除
  3. SWEET CANDY♪

    Have you ever done Ikebana??

    I have not done yet.
    But, my mother did when I was a child, so I saw it.
    I want to do. How about you?^д^*

    返信削除
  4. hi,Pino!
    I have experienced a few times when I was a child.
    Because my grandmather was an Ikebana teacher!
    I enjoyed it.^^

    返信削除