2009年11月15日日曜日

#6 TIME

1. Please explain a time proverb in your culture.
A time proverb shows that time is important, so we should cherish the time and should not miss good timing.
Examples:
・時は人を待たず
Time does not wait for us.
・時は得難く失いやすし
It is difficult to get time, and easy to lose it.

2.What do the following proverbs mean:
・Time is money.
Time is important, so we must not waste it same way as money.

・A stitch in time saves nine.
The longer you leave a problem, the more difficult to solve it.
=Better safe than sorry./Forewarned is forewarned.

・There's no time like the present.
It is the best chance to do something.
Now is only the time.

・Let's meet at 4, if I'm not there by 5, leave without me at 6, and I will be there at 7.
I don' t know the meaning, but I guess that the proverb means time passes so quickly that we think.

8 件のコメント:

  1. HELLO♪”
    I think tere're a lot of TIME proverbs in the world!!! It shows the importance of TIME,I think.
    TIME is precious, but very quick!!
    Don't you think so??

    返信削除
  2. Hi, SWEET CANDY. Your answer about "A stitch in time saves nine", helped me understand better. Thank you :)

    返信削除
  3. hi sweet candy!
    i didn't know the second one for question1. i will remember it!!

    返信削除
  4. heey :)

    I agree with you.
    Time is important and limited.
    I think Japanese especially strict about time, so we have many proverbs about time.

    返信削除
  5. hi,
    i did not know the proverb, 時は得難く失いやすし. japan has lots of proverb related to time i've never heard...

    返信削除
  6. HI!!
    I didn't know 4th meaning too. This proverb too long and complicated.

    返信削除
  7. Hi,
    I see.
    I dont understand question D,but I understood this mean.
    But I dont know this proverb.

    返信削除
  8. I think so too.
    We can lose our time easily, but to get time is so difficult.

    返信削除